Thursday, November 29, 2012

Unable to Count Our Blessings

I've decided that I really like the idea of "counting our blessings," but it's always seemed impossible to me. I believe the concept is to "focus" on your blessings so that they may flourish and wash over your life. Heavenly Father gives us far too many blessings to actually count.

Some fun markers in life are taking place and we're very excited to share them with you!

Nov 11, 2012:
On this day, one year ago, Braedon Fletcher and Trinity Key went on their first date. For those of you who have watched our "love story" you know how it goes... But, if you haven't, I'll just tell you that I had no idea we were on a date. What turned into a simply magical night started with a group of friends and a lot of people changing plans. Before you know it Braedon had taken me to the skating rink, just me, and he sure wasn't too shy to flirt. A silly little misunderstanding and a very fun night led to something much, much bigger than either of us would have ever expected. I'm very grateful for the things in life that end up being much more important than we realize at the time.

Another important date for Braedon and I will be...

Dec 2, 2012:
In just a few days Braedon and I will have been married for six months! That's half a year! I know, it doesn't seem like very long, but it's absolutely amazing to see how much we've grown and changed in these few short months. Not to mention, it has gone by SO quickly. Since we were married we've been in two apartments, gotten a job at IFA, become managers of Aspen Meadow Apartments, *almost* finished another semester of college, and have even had our first Halloween and Thanksgiving together. We've had a few disagreements, a lot of laughs, many cozy nights, and a lot of tears. But the very best thing is having far too many good moments to count. Those, along with the trials, are the innumerable blessings.

The final thing I want to share is something very personal to just me.
About two weeks ago we had the opportunity to go to the Jubilee of Trees in Saint George with some friends, two other couples (one married for six years and the other to be married in December). We had a fantastic time feeling the Christmas spirit and listening to beautiful harmonies sung by the 2nd Generation Osmonds. Apart from all the fun that was had, I had the opportunity of having a life changing conversation with one of my newer friends, Jenny Williams.
We talked a lot about body image and our power to have more control than we realize. Eating and self image are things that I've struggled with for the majority of my life. It's something that woman have a hard time talking about, and I think it's because most of us know how painful it can be. You make a goal; to start exercising, to cut a food out of your diet, and it seems like only days later you're back to square one. And this doesn't happen "sometimes," It feels like every couple of weeks I have this new idea to lose weight and be happier.
After so long I think we want to just give up. Although dramatic, I feel inclined to either starve myself or have no restrictions at all. Extremes seem the only way. I don't know what it was about our talk that hit me so hard, but I am finally ready.
Jenny helped me realize WHY she changed the way she treats her body and what it's done for her.  When she told me "focus on your family," my perception took a 180 turn. I want to feel confident in the clothes I wear, good about the food I eat, and pretty every time I look in the mirror. But more than anything, I want to live on this Earth as long as possible so that I can play with children, care for my parents, and grow old with my husband.
So... last Monday I started. I've been exercising frequently and counting calories of EVERYTHING I eat. And I want to tell the world, "I am not ashamed!" Never feel embarrassed to reach for what makes you happy. Feeling comfortable and confident is something I've desperately wanted, needed for so long, and I'm going to do it.
I will become the healthy daughter, wife, and future mother I want to be. :)
Thanks for listening, it means the world.

-Trinity <3

1 comment:

  1. Trin. You never cease to inspire me. I sure love you my dear!

    ReplyDelete